An update on us

Well, while I have a spare 10 minutes I thought I would do a blog update. Life is just so busy and full on now its hard to find the time!

Well little Samuel is now 19 days old! It feels like I have had him in my life forever...but it hasn't even been 3 weeks.

Things are going well at home. Elliot went back to work on Monday after having 2 weeks off. It was great having him at home and was sad to see him go back. Ill miss the adult company!

Little Samuel is going great. He is a pretty happy baby most of the time, except when he has wind. He scrunches up his face and grunts and pushes and goes all red. Most of the time a fluff will follow but today he was obvisouly in pain. He cried for ages and I was so sad to see him cry, but after I gave him some drops of infant friend, he stopped.

Im currently breastfeeding, expressing and offering him a bottle of formula at night. He was very unsettled one night, even after feeding every hour or so, and wouldnt stop crying so I got Elliot to go to the servo and get some forumla. We made up the 120ml and he drunk 80ml of it Poor chicken must have been starving! He then slept for 5 hrs which I have never had!

I have to admit that I am not 100% enjoying breastfeeding. It just seems like a lot of work and I worry that he isnt getting enough. Im not totally ready to give it up yet but I definately wont beat myself up over it if i do decide it isnt for Samuel and I.

I weighed Samuel today and he has put on a total of 440g since we left the hospital. This is great. He is still in size 0000 clothes. But he is very long and has big feet!

Im still trying to find myself in him as I think he looks so much like Elliot! Il lhave to dig out some baby photos of myself and compare. Oh and why are newborns so kissable? And smell so new?! I cant stop kissing Samuel... LOL He's probably sick of it

I have Mum coming up next week which I am very excited about. I cant wait for her to meet Samuel. And then a couple of weeks after that we have Ells parents coming up too. Ell told me tonight that in the middle of November he has to go down to Bindaree for a week! That will be hard I reckon. I might get one of the girls to hang out with me.

Well I might head off as Samuel looks like he could fall asleep soon, so I have to wrap and rock him. This motherhood work is hard I tell ya! But so so worth it...

Night all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone