So inlove with my man....

1 month & 3 days
I havent done an update in a while so thought I would get off my butt and do one!

Samuel is now almost 5 weeks old! The time is flying past. He doesnt look so newborn anymore! He is certainly changing and looking more like Elliot every day. I have been told he sort of looks like me, yay for that!
I got my first smile the other day. It was MAGIC! It made me remember that he is a human and not just a eating, pooping, crying machine. Ive gotten another one or two since then but I want more!! LOL
TBH the first few weeks were very emotional and draining for me. I think it must have been all the hormones going through and leaving my body. I struggled to find a 'connection' with Samuel and felt a bit guilty about it. But with the reassurance from my sisters, I knew it would pass.

AND IT HAS!!! Im sooooo in love with him OMG. I can look at him and cry with pure love. I would die for him in a second. I just look at him in amazement with the fact that me and Elliot made something so wonderful!

Ive started Samuel on the Save our Sleep routine by Tizzy Hall. It is used world wide and has had only great results. Tizzie is a sleep expert in babies and children.

Its only day 1 and he is following it like a dream! Speaking of dreams, I gave Samuel a 'dreamfeed' last night. I gently picked him up while he was sleeping and gave him a bottle. It was weird knowing he was asleep and feeding! He drunk 100ml of the 150ml bottle. I then put him down and he slept for another 3 hrs. So it worked, I think!

Elliots parents are up for a few days so we're all going out to dinner and drinks tonight. Throws our my routine dam it LOL
I had half a glass of wine last night, first drink in almost 11 months, and it did not agree with me! I felt so sick afterwards and had the shakes and felt faint! Hopefully the vodka will agree with me tonight. I plan to have a smirnoff.

Well I better go and eat something. Ill leave you with a couple of pics of Sammy!

Comments

Jessica Lerch said…
He is so adorable Kath! You & Elliot did a good job, hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone