OK, Im back!
Oh my gosh, I have been so slack updating this blog. I must put a reminder in my diary every month to make a post, otherwise I am going to regret it later on.
Well, Samuel is now 14 months old! How time has flown. But I can hardly remember him ever being a newborn! So needless to say Im so clucky right now! Sammy has decided he much prefers crawling over walking so has not even attempted to walk yet. He has really strong legs (as his chiropractor told me) but just doesn't want to use them! He is very fast with cruising the furniture and certainly knows how to get around. Although Im not too worried just yet, if he does get to 18 months and still no signs of walking, then I may get a little worried. But I'm sure he will be then *fingers crossed*
At the moment he going through the stage where he is getting into EVERYTHING! And although it frustrates me I need to remind myself this is just a stage he is going through and will get over the excitement of my kitchen draws and its contents! I am forever bending over and picking things up and putting them back, only to have him come along 5 minutes later and pull them out again. Time to invest in some locks I think.
Sammy certainly is a real character. He does the cutest things that always has Elliot and I smiling at him with total love. He went through a stage a few weeks ago where everything (and i mean everything - even down to a piece of tissue) he picked up went straight to his ear as if he was picking up a phone. Hmmmm, is Mummy on the phone too much?
He also loves to "bite dads face". If we are mucking around on the bed we say to Samuel "don't bite dads face" and he'll come crawling up to El's face and try to bite his nose. Oh and also LOVES pulling hair (he's just jealous cause he's got none!) so needless to say I have to be very careful with my hair around him as Im so sensitive on my scalp!
He has also started to slap my hand away, or the bowl that's in it, when he doesn't want anymore food or is just playing around. All good and well except for when he's spread a whole bowl of soggy weetbix all over my newly mopped floor (and we all now how often i mop my floors!). So frustrating but all is forgiven after just one cheeky smile of his.
Samuel has 8 teeth and I think more are coming through right now. He has been really whingy and clingy and always has his fingers in his mouth. Luckily once he is asleep for the night that's it, not a peep from him. Such a good boy. Here are some pics of my lil man (well not so little at 12.5kgs):
We also had his Santa picture taken today (free from Harvey Normam). Elliot and I also hoped into a picture with him so stay tuned for those.
Well I'm still not back at (normal working hours) work yet and to be honest I don't really have any urge to just yet. I am loving being at home with him in the day. I feel like I'm not missing out on anything but I will obviously have to invest in a 'toddler activity' book soon to make his days a little bit more entertaining/educational. How knows, I may not ever go back until he's at school! I am still working at Macca's (which is a surprise) though and its been almost 6 months! Didn't think I'd last that long. It hasn't been too bad lately because I've stopped doing the overnights. They were horrible and I'd be a total wreck, and cranky mummy, the next day. It just didn't suit our lifestyle as Elliot has work to do on the yard and I can't be sleeping all day if he has that to do!
The house is coming along nicely, considering we've spent almost 2 years just removing trees/shrubs/digging up dirt etc. But yesterday was a BIG day for us, and we've had some pretty big days in the Maller household. We had $3k worth of concrete poured into our front yard. No more dirt!!! Thats all I kept thinking when 3 concrete trucks were being so noisey and keeping Samuel from sleeping... Our friend Shae did the labour and got us a good price (professional price would have cost us at least $4500k). They arrived at 7am and the job was dry and finished by 4pm.
Here are some piccies:




Now we just have to get a big shade sail and a table setting and we'll be set for summer. I am so glad its done as I was so over walking dirt into my house every time i went outside and running from the stupid wasps that were making home in it. I really feel things are going to get better around here now as Elliot has finished his studies for a while and can really concentrate on the house and its hundreds (ok, not hundreds literally) of unfinished projects that need to be done.
I must go but promise to be back here more often!
xxx
Well, Samuel is now 14 months old! How time has flown. But I can hardly remember him ever being a newborn! So needless to say Im so clucky right now! Sammy has decided he much prefers crawling over walking so has not even attempted to walk yet. He has really strong legs (as his chiropractor told me) but just doesn't want to use them! He is very fast with cruising the furniture and certainly knows how to get around. Although Im not too worried just yet, if he does get to 18 months and still no signs of walking, then I may get a little worried. But I'm sure he will be then *fingers crossed*
At the moment he going through the stage where he is getting into EVERYTHING! And although it frustrates me I need to remind myself this is just a stage he is going through and will get over the excitement of my kitchen draws and its contents! I am forever bending over and picking things up and putting them back, only to have him come along 5 minutes later and pull them out again. Time to invest in some locks I think.
Sammy certainly is a real character. He does the cutest things that always has Elliot and I smiling at him with total love. He went through a stage a few weeks ago where everything (and i mean everything - even down to a piece of tissue) he picked up went straight to his ear as if he was picking up a phone. Hmmmm, is Mummy on the phone too much?
He also loves to "bite dads face". If we are mucking around on the bed we say to Samuel "don't bite dads face" and he'll come crawling up to El's face and try to bite his nose. Oh and also LOVES pulling hair (he's just jealous cause he's got none!) so needless to say I have to be very careful with my hair around him as Im so sensitive on my scalp!
He has also started to slap my hand away, or the bowl that's in it, when he doesn't want anymore food or is just playing around. All good and well except for when he's spread a whole bowl of soggy weetbix all over my newly mopped floor (and we all now how often i mop my floors!). So frustrating but all is forgiven after just one cheeky smile of his.
Samuel has 8 teeth and I think more are coming through right now. He has been really whingy and clingy and always has his fingers in his mouth. Luckily once he is asleep for the night that's it, not a peep from him. Such a good boy. Here are some pics of my lil man (well not so little at 12.5kgs):
We also had his Santa picture taken today (free from Harvey Normam). Elliot and I also hoped into a picture with him so stay tuned for those.
Well I'm still not back at (normal working hours) work yet and to be honest I don't really have any urge to just yet. I am loving being at home with him in the day. I feel like I'm not missing out on anything but I will obviously have to invest in a 'toddler activity' book soon to make his days a little bit more entertaining/educational. How knows, I may not ever go back until he's at school! I am still working at Macca's (which is a surprise) though and its been almost 6 months! Didn't think I'd last that long. It hasn't been too bad lately because I've stopped doing the overnights. They were horrible and I'd be a total wreck, and cranky mummy, the next day. It just didn't suit our lifestyle as Elliot has work to do on the yard and I can't be sleeping all day if he has that to do!
The house is coming along nicely, considering we've spent almost 2 years just removing trees/shrubs/digging up dirt etc. But yesterday was a BIG day for us, and we've had some pretty big days in the Maller household. We had $3k worth of concrete poured into our front yard. No more dirt!!! Thats all I kept thinking when 3 concrete trucks were being so noisey and keeping Samuel from sleeping... Our friend Shae did the labour and got us a good price (professional price would have cost us at least $4500k). They arrived at 7am and the job was dry and finished by 4pm.
Here are some piccies:




Now we just have to get a big shade sail and a table setting and we'll be set for summer. I am so glad its done as I was so over walking dirt into my house every time i went outside and running from the stupid wasps that were making home in it. I really feel things are going to get better around here now as Elliot has finished his studies for a while and can really concentrate on the house and its hundreds (ok, not hundreds literally) of unfinished projects that need to be done.
I must go but promise to be back here more often!
xxx




Comments