I'm such a slacker!
36 weeks 1 day
Ooops! Im such a slack blogger! Forgive me but life is just so busy sometimes!
Well, here I sit at 36 weeks pregnant, with only 4 weeks to go!!! How the HELL did that happen?! Seriously, this pregnancy has gone so fast! It feels like just the other week I was 8 weeks along, severely sick, throwing up into a bucket, with Samuel throwing food on my back! Its crazy! But I am very excited when I think about meeting my new little man.
Well I had my 36 week checkup today at the hospy. Bubs is measuring 37 weeks and is head down but is not engaged. So I have been given an information sheet on exercise on how to get him down into my pelvis so Ill start those tonight (it includes sitting up straight on the lounge - no more lounging round!).
I also had a swab done for strep B (which I almost died of embarrassment at) and I had my last (hopefully) anti-d needle. His heartbeat was also nice and strong. I go back again in 2 weeks time, and then at 40 weeks. But who knows, I may not make that last appointment!
Well I'm feeling pretty tired and over it by the time night falls. Bending over to pick up after Samuel (which is constantly) is nearing impossible so I'll be relying on Elliot a lot very soon! He's still working longish hours (although not as bad as before) but he'll need to start coming home earlier as I need his help!
I got a lot more stretchmarks this time :( maybe because I let myself go a little! I just thought, last pregnancy, why not, may as well enjoy it, but now I'm paying for it! I know they will fade but at the moment they are so red its gross! But Elliot doesn't mind, so he says!
I've still got my belly ring in but its getting a little uncomfy, especially when I knock it. My belly button is fully out and looks really weird! I got weighed today and I've put on 14kgs! Eeeek it was only 11kg with Samuel!
I had my baby shower at Naomi's on Sunday. It was good. A few people couldn't make it (a lot were sick) so it was mainly just the Vasingtons there LOL I got lots of necessary supplies (like bibs, nappies, wipes) so all the bulk of the main stuff is taken care of. Vivian got me an awesome Fisher Price Rainforest Booster seat for the dining room table, which I'm using now. Leah made some yummy food (anti-pasta platter, fresh fruit, cake, rocky road etc) and it was just nice to sit outside and chat. I didn't get any pics can you believe it! How slack am I!
A friend of mine commented that I looked great and nice and compact but that my face is a little swollen! LOL Not what I want to hear, but I know that's common in late pregnancy. My eczema on my hands is also playing up a bit but I think its from the weather. Gotta remember to moisturize!
Im slowly adding things to my labour/hospy/baby bag. Really need to pull out my suitcase and start adding things to it. Over the past few weeks I've been buying things to give breastfeeding a better go. I've bought myself an electric pump (second hand but one of the best on the market), a b/fing cover, a lift pillow, fenegreek tablets to help with supply etc, as well as high protein snacks and pump bottles for feeding time! I'm feeling much more positive about it this time.
Speaking of breastfeeding, today I started prenatal expressing of colostrum. In half an hour I collected about 2.5mls of colostrum and its cooling in the fridge at the moment. I about to go and do another session, cool that and then add it to the first session. Then I'll suck it up in a syringe and freeze it and bring to hospy with us. Its a backup thing :)
Samuel is going well. He is such a good boy really, and I shouldn't get so cranky with him over his whinging but sometimes, especially at the moment, it gets a bit too much. But that's the terrible two's for you. His sleep is still so-so and we've had a few nights where he's woken at around 12am and has refused to go back to sleep til about 2am! He was just so wide awake and ready to play. Not happy I tell you! but his latest thing is waking up about 4 hours after going down. No idea why, but Ive explored all avenues - tired, hungry, wet nappy etc. I guess I just gotta ride through it as getting upset about it doesn't help the situation.
He is still in daycare once a week but for the past 2 weeks I've been working at Ell's work to help out the accounts department as they were very behind. The hourly rate is great so I'm still coming away with extra cash. I think this week will be my last week though as I'm getting pretty uncomfy in the chair. So because of this Samuel's gone into care an extra two a week. He's taken it really well and the carers are always saying what a good day he had and what a happy boy he is.
But by the time we get home (which has been just after 5pm) he's pretty hungry and tired. One day after getting him he must of been so hungry he was pretty much throwing himself against eh fridge and crying for food!
He is still obsessed with trucks, cars, boats etc and loves pointing them out to me. "Bups!" lol its so cute. I got some truck magazines from the library and 'accidently' took the posters out of them. They are now proudly displayed on his walls and I often come into his room in the morning and he's laying on his stomach looking at them.
Samuel is also going through a kissing stage. Even to random people we walk past, or even drive past, he waves and says "bye" (or might be hi) and then proceeds to blowing them a kiss! Its the cutest thing ever.
His speaking is still the same, and although I repeat the proper word he still repeats it in his own language. He knows a lot of body parts though, especially his gack gack which I guess is the norm for a guy!
Well I have to run as I want to express some more liquid gold lol and Ive got my 'one born every minute' show on tonight.
I promise to update soon (as I always say). I will come back and upload some pics once I get them from the camera, promise!
xxx
Ooops! Im such a slack blogger! Forgive me but life is just so busy sometimes!
Well, here I sit at 36 weeks pregnant, with only 4 weeks to go!!! How the HELL did that happen?! Seriously, this pregnancy has gone so fast! It feels like just the other week I was 8 weeks along, severely sick, throwing up into a bucket, with Samuel throwing food on my back! Its crazy! But I am very excited when I think about meeting my new little man.
Well I had my 36 week checkup today at the hospy. Bubs is measuring 37 weeks and is head down but is not engaged. So I have been given an information sheet on exercise on how to get him down into my pelvis so Ill start those tonight (it includes sitting up straight on the lounge - no more lounging round!).
I also had a swab done for strep B (which I almost died of embarrassment at) and I had my last (hopefully) anti-d needle. His heartbeat was also nice and strong. I go back again in 2 weeks time, and then at 40 weeks. But who knows, I may not make that last appointment!
Well I'm feeling pretty tired and over it by the time night falls. Bending over to pick up after Samuel (which is constantly) is nearing impossible so I'll be relying on Elliot a lot very soon! He's still working longish hours (although not as bad as before) but he'll need to start coming home earlier as I need his help!
I got a lot more stretchmarks this time :( maybe because I let myself go a little! I just thought, last pregnancy, why not, may as well enjoy it, but now I'm paying for it! I know they will fade but at the moment they are so red its gross! But Elliot doesn't mind, so he says!
I've still got my belly ring in but its getting a little uncomfy, especially when I knock it. My belly button is fully out and looks really weird! I got weighed today and I've put on 14kgs! Eeeek it was only 11kg with Samuel!
I had my baby shower at Naomi's on Sunday. It was good. A few people couldn't make it (a lot were sick) so it was mainly just the Vasingtons there LOL I got lots of necessary supplies (like bibs, nappies, wipes) so all the bulk of the main stuff is taken care of. Vivian got me an awesome Fisher Price Rainforest Booster seat for the dining room table, which I'm using now. Leah made some yummy food (anti-pasta platter, fresh fruit, cake, rocky road etc) and it was just nice to sit outside and chat. I didn't get any pics can you believe it! How slack am I!
A friend of mine commented that I looked great and nice and compact but that my face is a little swollen! LOL Not what I want to hear, but I know that's common in late pregnancy. My eczema on my hands is also playing up a bit but I think its from the weather. Gotta remember to moisturize!
Im slowly adding things to my labour/hospy/baby bag. Really need to pull out my suitcase and start adding things to it. Over the past few weeks I've been buying things to give breastfeeding a better go. I've bought myself an electric pump (second hand but one of the best on the market), a b/fing cover, a lift pillow, fenegreek tablets to help with supply etc, as well as high protein snacks and pump bottles for feeding time! I'm feeling much more positive about it this time.
Speaking of breastfeeding, today I started prenatal expressing of colostrum. In half an hour I collected about 2.5mls of colostrum and its cooling in the fridge at the moment. I about to go and do another session, cool that and then add it to the first session. Then I'll suck it up in a syringe and freeze it and bring to hospy with us. Its a backup thing :)
Samuel is going well. He is such a good boy really, and I shouldn't get so cranky with him over his whinging but sometimes, especially at the moment, it gets a bit too much. But that's the terrible two's for you. His sleep is still so-so and we've had a few nights where he's woken at around 12am and has refused to go back to sleep til about 2am! He was just so wide awake and ready to play. Not happy I tell you! but his latest thing is waking up about 4 hours after going down. No idea why, but Ive explored all avenues - tired, hungry, wet nappy etc. I guess I just gotta ride through it as getting upset about it doesn't help the situation.
He is still in daycare once a week but for the past 2 weeks I've been working at Ell's work to help out the accounts department as they were very behind. The hourly rate is great so I'm still coming away with extra cash. I think this week will be my last week though as I'm getting pretty uncomfy in the chair. So because of this Samuel's gone into care an extra two a week. He's taken it really well and the carers are always saying what a good day he had and what a happy boy he is.
But by the time we get home (which has been just after 5pm) he's pretty hungry and tired. One day after getting him he must of been so hungry he was pretty much throwing himself against eh fridge and crying for food!
He is still obsessed with trucks, cars, boats etc and loves pointing them out to me. "Bups!" lol its so cute. I got some truck magazines from the library and 'accidently' took the posters out of them. They are now proudly displayed on his walls and I often come into his room in the morning and he's laying on his stomach looking at them.
Samuel is also going through a kissing stage. Even to random people we walk past, or even drive past, he waves and says "bye" (or might be hi) and then proceeds to blowing them a kiss! Its the cutest thing ever.
His speaking is still the same, and although I repeat the proper word he still repeats it in his own language. He knows a lot of body parts though, especially his gack gack which I guess is the norm for a guy!
Well I have to run as I want to express some more liquid gold lol and Ive got my 'one born every minute' show on tonight.
I promise to update soon (as I always say). I will come back and upload some pics once I get them from the camera, promise!
xxx
Comments