Welcome 2011
A little late I know, but Happy NewYear everyone!
Sorry its been so long since my last update but life is just very busy with the boys and the house etc, I find it hard to get on.
So this year we celebrated Christmas differently by going camping. I refused to spend another Christmas sitting inside while El worked out in the yard, so I booked a weeks stay at a camping site down at Brunswick Heads (near Byron Bay).
It was absolutely beautiful down there and we have booked our site again for this Christmas. Not to say we didn’t have some issues down there but we sorted them out and had a great time.
We had borrowed a tent from a friends work friend and didn’t bother setting it up before hand. On the day we had to leave it was raining very heavily so much to our annoyance we had to do a million trips up to the car in the rain.
When we got down there and started setting up our site, we got to the tent and OMG, what a piece of crap! The thing looked about 20 yrs old and it was covered in mould (not obvious mould though). There was no additional cover over it so because it was raining (and hard) anything that touched the walls got wet! It was small, smelly and disgusting! The night didn’t go too well and both the boys were fairly unsettled. Lucky the guy across the road from us lent us his big tarp to put over the top.
The next morning we went into Byron (so so busy there, but so beautiful) and Elliot bought a nice new 2 room dome tent. He had woken up a few times throughout the night with chest pains due to the mould, as he is allergic to it.
We set it up and oh what a difference! We had Samuel sleeping in the front room (although he ended up crawling back into bed with us early morning) but kept the old tent up to hold miscellaneous things.
We had so much fun while down there. It was so relaxing and Elliot really connected with the boys, especially Samuel. He took Samuel for lots of pram walks, took him down to the water etc. We hung out with some friends of ours and had lots of bbq’s together. We also went to the ‘carnival’ and Samuel just loved going on the horsey ride.
I did have a bit of a stressful/emotional time while we were down there. All of a sudden Oliver went on a breast strike. He just wouldn’t feed from me. Looking back now I can see it was just the change of environment so he’s defiantely a sensitive feeder. But it was extremely stressful and upsetting but Im just so glad I brought my pump with me to keep up my supply. He pretty much went straight back on when we got home.
For my Christmas present Elliot got me a voucher to the local beauty shop down the road from the site for a 1.5 pamper package! ½ hr body scrub, ½ hr massage and ½ hr facial. It was BLISS and I felt sooo good during it. I also got to have my hair done so I went a dark purple. I love it.
We went down to the gorgeous beach a few times and it was so nice to just sit back, relax and swim. Christmas day we spent at the Brunswick Heads Bowling Club. We had left a little early Christmas Eve as the rain was so bad and we had no clean clothes or towels and we just wanted to have a good nights sleep and freshen up. So we drove home then back again the next morning. Vicki and Paul popped in on their way up to QLD and had some of the lunch.
We had a great time and can’t wait to do it again.
Christmas Eve we went to Leah’s and we had dinner and opened presents. Sammy got spoilt by everyone and loved all his presents, especially his tractor from Vicki.
New Years Eve was a quiet one this year. In the day Vicki, Paul, Luke, Terry, El, I and the kids (my boys, shay, reece, jade and kiara) went to Wet n Wild. My days of running around going on ride after ride are over! I spent most of the day settling Oliver or dealing with Samuel chucking tantrums. The furthest I got to wet was my shins in the kiddy pool L But Vicki bought us VIP passes to the park so we can go any time we want until June 2011.
I was going to go out with everyone for NYE but then changed my mind as Oliver is still quite young. We went over to Leah’s (they had all gone out) and Vicki and Paul and all the kids were there. But the young kids (except Samuel of course) had all crashed out by 10pm. Reece was the babysitter. I spent an hr or so in the pool with Kiara, Jade, Luke, Terry and Paul. We played volleyball, so much fun!
Elliot is still at home on holidays so whenever possible (amongst all the rain we’ve been having, and are STILL having) he’s out there working on the yard. We spent a lot of time with Vicki and Paul and we went to the Carrara Market and drank and ate lots of food. We cant wait for them to move up.
Some sad news though, there has been terrible flooding in QLD at the moment. Toowoomba, Goodna, and Brisbane were the main towns hit. It’s so sad to hear of the 10 lives that have been lost so far and to see pics of places I’ve been to that are underwater. I couldn’t imagine that happening to us. I’m just so lucky we are on top of a high and have fairly good drainage at our place. I just pray there are no more deaths L
So an update on the boys: Samuel is going great. Still a full on 2 year old but full of so much love (when he chooses lol). Some days are a hit and miss with his food but most of the time I think its because he is overtired. He is talking heaps more now and some of the words he tries to say is so cute. He cracks us up every day. When he gets excited he does this little stamp/dance thing and every time he leaves you he says “bye bye”. His sleep has gone back to normal now so now more getting out of his room. He is quite attached to Elliot and gets upset if he leaves. But we just love him to bits. He’s so special…
Oliver on the other hand is FULL ON! Total opposite baby to what Samuel was. He cries A LOT of the time, is very clingy and his sleeps are crap (still waking a few times overnight). He wasn’t too bad when the day before he hit 15 weeks everything changed! He wakes up crying so much and is extremely hard to settle and is fussy with feeds, its seriously doing my head in. But I’m pretty sure he is just going through a wonder week (huge developmental change/growth spurt) so I’m going to try and get through it the best I can. Does my head in though!
Well that’s all for now. I gotta go and feed Oliver, yet again! Will try to update more regularly.











Comments