Update time
Oliver is now 4.5 months old and has changed so much! He went through a 'storm' period where he was near impossible to settle, was waking every hr or so and was generally a cranky baby. But that period has passed now and the outcome was a much happier baby who now reaches to grab things and is also rolling! My newborn has definitely gone :(
Ollie is still sleeping in our bed 90% of the time but to be honest I still love it! We all sleep so much more when he's in with us, as he loves it too. I do transfer him into his cot when I go to bed at a night, just so I can get my last stretch before i share with him LOL, and then he wakes around 2am. Most times if I stick the dummy in his mouth he'll go back to sleep. But if he's hungry he'll let me know!
He is such a smiley boy and has a gorgeous laugh. He gets so excited and hits himself in the legs with his arms as they are widely flapping around everywhere. He makes a lot of noise too. At the moment he is having around 5 breastfeeds in the day and an endless supply at night LOL Nah he isn't too bad. Usually if he wakes through the night while in bed with us Ill just stick my boob in his mouth and most times he'll just suck for a second and we both fall back asleep. Other times he'll have an awesome feed and fill right up. I'm happy doing this. Really when it comes down to it I'm happy doing everything I said I would never do with Sammy as I'm enjoying him and all the special moments he's bringing to our lives. I just cant believe we'll be starting solids (baby led solids) in around 5 weeks! I am not rushing into that, that's for sure. It's going to be messy!

As you can see from the first photo down below, Ollie wears an amber necklaces. Its resin goes through the skin and into the blood stream and help with the pain from teething and imflammation. Im getting an anklet too so I can keep that on all the time as I take his necklace off for sleeps. Im also going to get Sammy one.



Samuel has taken a real liking (obsession) to movies. Every day he watches a movie or two. Probably bad I know but it's just so handy when I have housework to do and cant have him hanging off me. His favourite movies are Monster House, Cars, Curious George and Bee. The popular one at the moment is cars. I'll ask him if he wants to watch a movie and he says 'cars'. It used to be 'house' LOL
Some good news is we're sort of toilet training. I have the potty in the loungeroom and have been letting him roam naked. He's getting better at telling me he needs to go by holding his crotch and saying 'weez' or 'pooz'. 99% of the time it's only a wee but he looks so dam cute sitting on it. He HAS to have some of his cars either in his hands or on the floor. Must make him more comfortable LOL We'll keep going as it would be great to get him out of nappies/cloth. He's just too big for them. I might get a book on toilet training from the library to get some tips/hints and also get the attachment that goes onto the big toilet so he gets used to sitting on there. But its a start :)
I am thinking of changing Samuel's daycare. We are just not 100% happy there. A few reasons:
So Im going to start looking around for another one. I want somewhere where they dont do the above and have a weekly, NOT yearly, report book on all the things he does, how his day went, what activities they did, what he learnt etc
His speaking has improved some what and he really does try with certain words. Off the top of my head he can say: monkey, bee, house, fish, daddie, cars, boat (althoug he says like boot). So Im not too worried anymore. He still adores his cars and gets upset when he cant find the one he picks to be his favourite for the day. I have moved all his toys out of the loungeroom (they were seriously taking over) and into his room. There is just a small bucket of toys now in the loungeroom. Thats what rooms are for arent they? Playing?

Now onto me. I am a member of the Yummi Mummi Club LOL A group of lovely ladies I met at the clinic, whilst weighing Oliver in every week, swapped details and one day I took the plunge and emailed everyone and organised a meet. That was in October and now we meet on a regular basis, at least a few times a week. Some mornings we go to the park near the red bridge and walk with our prams. We work up quite a sweat. Other times we go to the mums n bubs session at the movies then have lunch. Other times we just get together at each others houses and eat and talk. They are such a gorgeous bunch of woman and although there is a bit of an age difference between some of us, we get along SO well. Definitely some great friendships formed. We're even getting some Yummi Mummi shirts done up and will go in fun runs! Who knows, we could turn into the next Red Lady Club! Here are some pics from our outings:



Comments