Our trip to good old Sydney

Last week we made the trip down to Sydney to visit the family and attend little Lily's Christening. We made the mistake of leaving home at 9pm at night and neither of us had had a sleep before hand! So we were very tired and loaded ourselves up on energy drinks and crap food to help us get through it. El did a massive stint, consisting of 6 hours straight. I took over for the rest of the journey until we got back into Sydney. On the way through (around 6am) we stopped into McDonald's on the coast and I met up with Aunty Yvonne, while El slept in the car some more. I felt absolutely shattered and looked like crap. After that we headed onto Mums house.

We spent some time at Mums and we went and visited Nan. She was so distant and it was extremely upsetting, especially seeing her lay there, with her mouth wide open. It was very hard to wake her up, So different to the Nan I knew 5 years ago :( It as a bit upsetting to be there and the kids were playing up so we went home.

The next day mum and I went back to see her again but she was the same. Didn't recognize me at all which hurts the most. I would hate to live like that! I said my goodbyes which was hard as it could very well be the last goodbye I get (the nurses said that she is on her way out!) to say....love you nan.

That night El and I met up with Ashley and her man Jason at Camden Hotel (kids were asleep at Mums). He is really nice and is a player in a band. They seem to be really smitten with each other which is so nice to see. I had not planned to have such a big night but alas I did....I drunk waaaayyyyy too much. We ended up going back to Ashley's pad and Jason (who is also a chef) cooked up some midnight snacks for us. I remember getting into the wine with Ashley, not a good idea!

The next morning I woke up SICK AS A DOG. I felt like vomiting but held it together. We had plans to go to Adam and Bianca's for brunch but it took all my energy (while bending over walking) to get dressed and get in the car. On the way there the sickness really fit and all of a sudden I was vomiting everywhere in Els car! yuck! We got to Bianca's and all I could do was apologize and lay on her bed for a couple of hours.

We were very late to Dads and after Dad and Ray had tried to call us several times we thought it was best if we left for Dads, as we were having lunch there. We got there and I felt so sorry for everyone as they were all waiting to eat lunch (Ray and Toni were there, as well as cousin Stuart). I remember sitting at the table and I managed to eat a potato and I could just feel my body coming back to me (in a sober way!)...an hour later and I was feeling fine, but so so tired (5 hours sleep!).

We stayed and chatted and took some pics and then headed off later that night. Back to Mums and crashed it straight away.


The next day we went to little Lily's Christening down at Wollongong. It was a lovely ceremony and Shane and Selina looked well. We went back to theirs for nibbles and cake, and we stayed there til late then drove back to mums and the left for home the next morning. I really really miss Mum and can not wait til she is up here....

Here are some pics from our trip:


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone