Patiently waiting.....
Well I am still here patiently waiting for my new little man to arrive. So much for Leah's reading being correct and bubs 'arriving early' haha. I am though mentally preparing myself to go til 42 weeks before getting induced to allow him time to come on his own and to be able to have a water birth (induction of any sort = no water birth), so that's my next challenge.
Well not much new has been happening the past few weeks. I obviously feel a lot more bigger and uncomfortable at night, but all in all pretty good. My good eating has gone out the window and I am enjoying McFlurrys probably more then I should lol Exercise is non existent but I am still under 92kg so I don't really care.
I had a drs appointment today (39w2d) with Dr Lauren and Dr Felicity. Last week (38w) Dr Felicity tried to attempt a stretch and sweep but my cervix was up high, closed and hard, so they reattempted one again today. Dr Lauren has never done a stretch and sweep so I was happy (under the instructions of Dr Felicity) for her to give it a go.
Dr F went first and after a bit of pressure she was able to get to the cervix and get two fingers in (so 2cm dilated) and could feel bubs head. She then did some stretching and sweeping. Was a bit uncomfortable but I managed. Then Dr L had a go and after a while she found it also. I was just like 'just dive in there girl' and she joked "I'm up in your grill". It was so funny and we all laughed out loud haha They also confirmed I am 2/5 engaged so yay!
Since then I've been getting more braxton hicks and bubs has been moving around a lot more. I don't want to get my hopes up so we will see what happens.
I have packed and re-packed my hospital/labor and bubs bag about 3 times so I am pretty sure I have everything covered. I do have a last minute list for us to pack though.
I have now well and truly finished work so I am trying to enjoying the nothing to do feeling. Watching lots of vampire diaries and taking naps whenever possible. I have also borrowed Na's slow cooker so have been doing lots of SC meals. I think El and I are getting over them every night though as they are always so saucey and bulky. Might just do 3-4 SC meals next week.
I will update again next week if I am still around. Otherwise stay tuned for bubs birth story :)

Comments