Mr Elijah is 3 months old!


Boy does time fly when you are running a household of 6 (Daisy included)! Just realised I haven't updated in over a month and a half. Naughty me.

Well here are in July 2016. This year is going so fast. Before I know it it will be Christmas and camping! Yippee.

Little Elijah is now 3 months old and is just the cutest thing ever. He is changing every day and is looking so much like Sam when he was a baby. He loves (most of the time) to be carried in my wrap/carrier. Its especially helpful in the late afternoon during witching hour when he wants to be held and I have dinner to cook.


He weighs around 8.5kgs and is all chubby goodness. Mum is amazed at how big he is when all he has is my boob milk :) When he was 2 weeks old I had his tongue and lip tie cut (lasered) as I knew something wasn't right. There was knife stabbing type pain when he attached and he was generally unsettled with wind. The paediatrician in the hospital acknowledged there was a tie but said it wouldn't be a problem! Ha! I am lucky I trusted my instincts and did my research. I found a FB group called "The Gentle Breastfeeder" who had a lot of members who have had children with ties and they were a wealth of knowledge. I do credit his tongue and lip tie revision to our great breastfeeding relationship. I really think it would have suffered if I had of left it to be. I am also expressing when possible to donate milk to women in need. It can be time consuming but doing it once a day is manageable. It also helps to keep my supply up. This was my first milky donation so a lady with glandular tissue disease and her 13 week old bubba.


Elijah is wearing size 0 now which is crazy as that is for size 6-12 months. A month or so ago we put his cot in our room and butted it up against our bed so it is sort of like an extension of our bed. I wanted him in our room so I could attend/feed/settle him without him waking up the whole house and I really do love cuddling up/waking up to him. Elliot has been sleeping in Sam's bed most nights as he can be woken by Elijah's stirring but hopefully he will get better as he gets older.

He is slowly starting to grab things and really loves his time on his play mat reaching and touching his dangling toys. He "talks" a lot and does a bit of a chuckles when tickled. He is a smiley baby and is generally just happy. He cries when he is tired, overtired or lonely. But boob is always the answer haha. I just love how he instantly settles with the boob and goes into his own little world.


He has very strong legs and loves to stand given the opportunity. No rolling as yet but I know he will get there in his own time. Bath time is his favourite part of the day (apart from booby time) and he just loves splashing around in the bath. I just love him so much.

Samuel and Oliver are quite obsessed with him. They are continually touching, kissing and trying to hold him. It makes me quite nervous because sometimes I will come into the room and they have picked him up and are holding him. When Elijah was 3 weeks old I had left him in the corner of the lounge surrounded by pillows while I was quickly doing something in the kitchen. Next thing I know Oliver comes to me and says "Elijah is on the floor"! WTF! I ran into the lounge room and there was my poor bubba laying on the tiles on his back crying but with no sound coming out. I rushed over to pick him up and try to calm him. Elliot suggested offering boob so I did and he instantly calmed. Just to be sure I took him down to hospital where we stayed for 7 hours to be monitored. I found out what happened. Samuel had come in and seen Elijah laying there. He decided to pick him up for a cuddle and then he put him back down.....but on the edge of the lounge! He had then rolled off onto the tiles :( It broke my heart and I felt so bad for what happened to him and Sam was very sorry and I definitely think he learnt his lesson. Needless to say I don't leave him alone on the lounge anymore.


Samuel and Oliver are still fighting all the time and being school holidays don't help. Oliver is going through a real "smart arse" stage and is back answering us with everything we say and just generally challenging us all the time. He is being really annoying to Samuel and Sam just cant handle it a lot of the time. He gets really angry and frustrated and if I am not in the room he will physically hurt Oliver. It bloody sucks but I think its just normal for two young boys.

Sam is doing well in school but does lack a drive for home learning. He doesn't do his homework unless I remind him constantly and doesn't put much focus on reading. Such a shame but he is doing good in school according to his report so that's all I can hope for.

Oliver is very similar with school but is enjoying his time in prep. I really hope he keeps his head above water so he can continue on the year 1. The teachers don't seem to have any concerns so I guess that is something.

Elliot is still working for Elite Accounting and has passed his probation period. He enjoys working close to home and the money isn't bad for a local job. He can really see himself staying there for a long time and really growing with the company. Partner one day hopefully.

In terms of the house, we are still going. For the past few months Elliot (and Shane) have been working hard on retaining and preparing the top section of the land to get it ready for the shed. I can't remember how much I have spoken of the shed but this will be a massive 12 x 6m shed and will be a big workshop and a boys club room. So much will change once the shed is built. All of El's music equipment, shelving and computer stuff will be going into the room so we will have a spare room. Samuel will be going in there as the boys need their own space. Plus everything on the back deck will be going in there. Its something I really can't wait to happen. Its just time and money we lack! But we will solider on and won't let it stop us. It will be life changing.

That's all for now. I must get to bed to get my energy for a day at Movie world tomorrow with the kids. I will update again soon x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone