Sydney Trip November 2016

Leah, Naomi, Oliver, Elijah and I headed down to Sydney for Aunty Yvonne's 80th birthday! She doesn't look a day over 60. I hope I have her genes. I think it comes down to her staying young by traveling a lot! She goes on cruises every few months so she has seen lots of the world.

This was Oliver's first plane ride and upon take off they just happened to have an incident that made us sit on the runway for half an hour. Ollie was getting very frustrated. Probably because he was nervous. He took the plane ride well but did have a moment where he almost vomited.

After we got off the flight, and after sorting out dramas with our rental car, we all drove to Dad's house which is around 15 mins from the airport. We were majorly late so when we got there Ray and Toni were already there and lunch was sitting on the table waiting for us.

We spent the next 4 hours just hanging around, eating and talking. I then drove Leah to Campbelltown as she was meeting up with someone and then dropped Naomi at Shyaden's. I popped into their house and said hi to Chrissy and met their son Kennedy.

After that the kids and I drove to Ashleigh's house. We had a lovely dinner (Chinese) and crashed the night in her spare bed. It was lovely to see her and Jason. The next day we made the 2 hour drive up the coast to Aunty Yvonne's birthday party. It was in a nice park overlooking the beach. It was a large turn out and it was great to see all the old cousins.

That night we stayed in a cabin in a caravan park and we stayed up extremely late having sister chats. over cups of tea. The next day we had breaky and then drove to Aunty Yvonne's house. We had lunch there and John showed us his collection of jewellery. Oliver had a swim in the pool. We then packed up and made the long drive back down to Sydney. It was so stressful as Elijah was cracking it the poor thing and we got stuck in some hectic Sydney traffic. I was so glad to get out of the car and feed and cuddle Elijah.

At 6pm we caught the plane home. Elijah was very unsettled and overtired on the flight home but the staff were very caring though. There was some big turbulence that freaked Ollie and I out. The air hostesses gave Oliver a big bag of chocolate.

All in all it was a nice trip away :)














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone