Milk Bath Shoot - 1 year of breastfeeding

Today I celebrated 1 year of breastfeeding my gorgeous little man by having a milk bath photoshoot with Na. I have wanted to do one of these for a while now as I think they are beautiful. Na was a bit unsure of how it would turn out (mainly because of the lighting in my bathroom) but I had faith in her.

I had purchased a white lace dress off ebay from China and luckily for me it fit. I also had my old flower crown from my 6 months b/feeding shoot. The night before I had picked up a discounted bouquet of flowers from woolies and a bag of cows milk powder (oh the irony lol).

I filled up the bath with warm water, emptied the entire contents of powder into it and then scattered the flowers around. I had withheld boobies from Elijah for 4 hours so needless to say Elijah was tired and hungry when it was time to start the shoot.

We got in and Na was ready to go with the camera. We re-positioned the flowers around us and Elijah latched straight on, eager for his milkies. He didn't even bat an eyelid at Naomi as she stood up on the bath taking photos from all angles.

Elijah almost fell asleep. It was so sweet. The smell of the powdered milk was getting a bit too much and we wrapped the shoot up within 20 mins! Na showed me the photos on the camera and they were perfect! I couldn't have asked for more.

Thank you Na for capturing such an important milestone in my journey of motherhood with Elijah. I am eternally grateful for your talent x

By the light of the moon
when all is quiet and still
my baby is at my breast
contentedly drinking his fill
I am happy to sit here and quietly feed
to give my baby all that he needs
to grow and one day to be big and be strong
knowing in the blink of an eye he’ll be grown and be gone

I dream of his future, an unwritten book
How will he act?
How will he look?
I want for him a myriad of things
not silver or gold or big diamond rings
but laughter and love,
health, happiness and joy
these are the treasures I want for my boy.
I sit and I dream and I hold in my heart
The time I spend giving him the best possible start.
Author: nochola

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone