My Best Friends Wedding in Sydney - October 2017
Last weekend I flew down to Sydney with Elijah for Ashley and Jason's Wedding. And what a wedding it was! Elliot and I and the kids were suppose to drive down together but unfortunately I had a small car accident that left the car unsafe to drive that far. So we made the decision that I would fly down with Elijah as I wasn't going to miss it for the world.
We had a super early flight as I booked on the same one with Na so I had slept at hers the night before to make it a bit easier. Our flight left around 630am and because we started the day at 430am Elijah was super tired and slept most of the flight in my arms. Ouch!
We got to Sydney airport and had a bit of a disaster because Dad came to pick us up in his car that he was loaning us when we realised it didn't have a proper anchor point in it so we couldn't use.
We then had to go through the rigmarole of hiring a rental car, which I ended up driving. We made the hour or so drive to the beautiful Palm Beach. The house Ashleigh had hired was amazing and had spectacular views right on the water. Palm Beach is where Home and Away is shot.
Once we settled into the top bedroom on the third story, the fun started. Elijah of course was exploring his new surrounds which in turn became very tiring and stressful. I didn't get to completely relax until the babysitter arrived the day of the wedding. I happened to get him asleep just before it was my turn for hair and makeup. As soon as I escaped the bedroom where he slept I raced upstairs and started sculling the wine haha I was so stressed! Being in a multi-million dollar house and trying to stop a toddler touching everything that exists was very very stressful and I never want to repeat that again.
I felt better once I was dressed, hair and makeup and when the sitter had arrived (from an agency). We all got ready together and then had a lovely moment of watching Ashleigh walk in in her amazing dress. We then headed off down the road to the wedding along the water. It was such a beautiful ceremony. Ashleigh and Jason are so in love. I am so glad they found each other!
We spent the afternoon at Dads, with Ray visiting also. It was nice to catch up with everyone.
The flight back wasn't as smooth as Elijah was so overtired from the days travel and lack of nap. We finally made it home thank goodness and slept very well that night.









Comments