Time for an update
13 weeks
I have a bit slack updating this blog, but I really have just been trying to get through each day as best as I can. The past couple of days the morning sickness has died right down and it feels fantastic! Today I got up, managed to eat a full breakfast then cleaned the house, put washing on, dealt with a poonami present from Sammy and am now sitting here typing away! I just hope its the start of no-more-morning sickness!
Well all things are going well in the baby department. I had my 12 week scan last Thursday. Bubs is all good, heart beating nicely and was moving around a bit. We never had a 12 week scan with Sammy so it was cool to see. I had drunk all the water they asked me to then when I got there she started doing the scan but bubs was too low in my womb and could only see the top half of it so I was told to empty my bladder and then she did an internal. Elliot was so embarrest and so was I! But it had to be done.
Once she had the probe up there (*blush*) she had a perfect view of bubs. Its amazing how much of a human form they have, even though they are only like 6cm long! It was a good experience for us both. Now to wait til the 20 week scan to find out the sex. Obviously I would love a girl as this WILL BE our last baby, but then I think if its a boy Samuel will have a best mate to grow up with and boys are all I really know! At least Ill have all the clothes and everything! Couldn't bring myself to put a girl in blue :)
At the end of the scan she came up with two due dates. According to my LMP (last menstrual period) I'm due 8th September, but i don't have regular 28 day cycles so worked out based on my 33 day cycles I'm due 13th September. That's the date they came up with according to bubs measurements so Ill go with that!
This pregnancy has been a bit different to Sammy's. Mainly because its my second I think. I feel slack saying this but I'm not overly excited about it lol maybe cause I'm so tired and sick and chasing after a toddler i haven't really had time to think about it. I do however, get very emotional and excited when I see a newborn on tv. I cant wait to have a lil bubba again. I just hope its as good a baby as Sammy was. He was a breeze...
We haven't started on the nursery or anything yet. We have WAY too much work to do before we can even think about doing it. We need to get a shed to move all the crap out of the dining room, then move the computer room into the dining room, and then only then can we start doing up bubs room. Ive decided to use the same nursery manchester for the baby. Its neutral and cute and I couldn't be bothered trying to find something on ebay. See, Im so lazy for this baby :( Nah it will still be cute.
I dont think we'll be putting Samuel in a big bed yet. The girls may have convinced me to wait a while, until he's climbing out of the cot anyways. I would like to keep him prisoner just a little but longer LOL I will just get a cheap cot off ebay for Samuel to get him by til its big bed time.
In 6 weeks Samuel and I are heading down to Sydney for a little holiday. We're going for 1.5 weeks. Its Colleens wedding so of course I have to go. Im also going to get around to see the fam and just have a good time. It will be a little different to the last time Samuel and I were down there as he was 6 months old and not mobile! This time I will be 5 months pregnant with an 18 month old! Wish me luck!
Samuel is going well. He is loving daycare now. He is going to Edens Landing Childcare Centre just down the road. We only pay $65 a week for 2 days but get half of that back at rebate time! They provide all meals which is one of the main reasons why I choose that place haha. He doesn't sleep for long though so night times are a bit of a handful as he is so overtired and wakes after an hour (on the dot) but nothing a drink of milks doesn't fit.
I am however concerned about one thing. The other day when I took Samuel there, we walked into the room and I put him down to put his things away. A fat little chubby girl then came up to Samuel and pushed him over. She has done it before and who knows how many times she does it during the day when I'm not there. Straight away Samuel got upset so I had to calm him down. I told the little girl no, to not push the baby over. I then put him down and he walked away to play with the toys. 3 seconds later I hear him cry again and can see that she has pushed him over again! Stupid little b*tch! Sorry but it makes me mad.
After I got home I rang the Manager and explained what happened and she knew who the girl was before I really even mentioned her. She must be know for pushing kids over. I told her to ask the carers to keep an eye on her and if she pushes him over throughout the day, and if this was the case, I wanted him to go back into the younger class with smaller babies. I don't want him to associate the play centre with bullies. So we'll see what she says.
Another thing that annoyed me was when I picked him up yesterday he was walking around in just a nappy and tshirt. I excuse the no-shorts as I hadn't packed a spare pair but his shirt was FILTHY! (Obviously from lunch). There is a spare shirt in his bag so I told the carer that she can change him if need be (which obviously there was a need to). I just hope they give love and one on one time with each child...
Still no obvious words from Samuel but I am not worried. He understands when I talk and ask him to do/get something for me. He just sounds so cute when he mumbles his words. He's got lots of teeth at the moment so Ive been dealing with hideous poo's at the moment. They seriously seep through his nappy! The joys of teething!
He's still getting into EVERYTHING. He goes into the kitchen and opens one cupboard door after the other, including the grill! Soon it will be the fridge! Its so funny, everytime he hops in the bath he points and sort of grunts (this is what he does when he wants something) to the toothbrushes. He chews on them hardcore!
Well I have to go. I promise to write more often. Will leave you with some pics.
Kath


I have a bit slack updating this blog, but I really have just been trying to get through each day as best as I can. The past couple of days the morning sickness has died right down and it feels fantastic! Today I got up, managed to eat a full breakfast then cleaned the house, put washing on, dealt with a poonami present from Sammy and am now sitting here typing away! I just hope its the start of no-more-morning sickness!
Well all things are going well in the baby department. I had my 12 week scan last Thursday. Bubs is all good, heart beating nicely and was moving around a bit. We never had a 12 week scan with Sammy so it was cool to see. I had drunk all the water they asked me to then when I got there she started doing the scan but bubs was too low in my womb and could only see the top half of it so I was told to empty my bladder and then she did an internal. Elliot was so embarrest and so was I! But it had to be done.
Once she had the probe up there (*blush*) she had a perfect view of bubs. Its amazing how much of a human form they have, even though they are only like 6cm long! It was a good experience for us both. Now to wait til the 20 week scan to find out the sex. Obviously I would love a girl as this WILL BE our last baby, but then I think if its a boy Samuel will have a best mate to grow up with and boys are all I really know! At least Ill have all the clothes and everything! Couldn't bring myself to put a girl in blue :)
At the end of the scan she came up with two due dates. According to my LMP (last menstrual period) I'm due 8th September, but i don't have regular 28 day cycles so worked out based on my 33 day cycles I'm due 13th September. That's the date they came up with according to bubs measurements so Ill go with that!
This pregnancy has been a bit different to Sammy's. Mainly because its my second I think. I feel slack saying this but I'm not overly excited about it lol maybe cause I'm so tired and sick and chasing after a toddler i haven't really had time to think about it. I do however, get very emotional and excited when I see a newborn on tv. I cant wait to have a lil bubba again. I just hope its as good a baby as Sammy was. He was a breeze...
We haven't started on the nursery or anything yet. We have WAY too much work to do before we can even think about doing it. We need to get a shed to move all the crap out of the dining room, then move the computer room into the dining room, and then only then can we start doing up bubs room. Ive decided to use the same nursery manchester for the baby. Its neutral and cute and I couldn't be bothered trying to find something on ebay. See, Im so lazy for this baby :( Nah it will still be cute.
I dont think we'll be putting Samuel in a big bed yet. The girls may have convinced me to wait a while, until he's climbing out of the cot anyways. I would like to keep him prisoner just a little but longer LOL I will just get a cheap cot off ebay for Samuel to get him by til its big bed time.
In 6 weeks Samuel and I are heading down to Sydney for a little holiday. We're going for 1.5 weeks. Its Colleens wedding so of course I have to go. Im also going to get around to see the fam and just have a good time. It will be a little different to the last time Samuel and I were down there as he was 6 months old and not mobile! This time I will be 5 months pregnant with an 18 month old! Wish me luck!
Samuel is going well. He is loving daycare now. He is going to Edens Landing Childcare Centre just down the road. We only pay $65 a week for 2 days but get half of that back at rebate time! They provide all meals which is one of the main reasons why I choose that place haha. He doesn't sleep for long though so night times are a bit of a handful as he is so overtired and wakes after an hour (on the dot) but nothing a drink of milks doesn't fit.
I am however concerned about one thing. The other day when I took Samuel there, we walked into the room and I put him down to put his things away. A fat little chubby girl then came up to Samuel and pushed him over. She has done it before and who knows how many times she does it during the day when I'm not there. Straight away Samuel got upset so I had to calm him down. I told the little girl no, to not push the baby over. I then put him down and he walked away to play with the toys. 3 seconds later I hear him cry again and can see that she has pushed him over again! Stupid little b*tch! Sorry but it makes me mad.
After I got home I rang the Manager and explained what happened and she knew who the girl was before I really even mentioned her. She must be know for pushing kids over. I told her to ask the carers to keep an eye on her and if she pushes him over throughout the day, and if this was the case, I wanted him to go back into the younger class with smaller babies. I don't want him to associate the play centre with bullies. So we'll see what she says.
Another thing that annoyed me was when I picked him up yesterday he was walking around in just a nappy and tshirt. I excuse the no-shorts as I hadn't packed a spare pair but his shirt was FILTHY! (Obviously from lunch). There is a spare shirt in his bag so I told the carer that she can change him if need be (which obviously there was a need to). I just hope they give love and one on one time with each child...
Still no obvious words from Samuel but I am not worried. He understands when I talk and ask him to do/get something for me. He just sounds so cute when he mumbles his words. He's got lots of teeth at the moment so Ive been dealing with hideous poo's at the moment. They seriously seep through his nappy! The joys of teething!
He's still getting into EVERYTHING. He goes into the kitchen and opens one cupboard door after the other, including the grill! Soon it will be the fridge! Its so funny, everytime he hops in the bath he points and sort of grunts (this is what he does when he wants something) to the toothbrushes. He chews on them hardcore!
Well I have to go. I promise to write more often. Will leave you with some pics.
Kath

Comments