Our Camping Adventures
Cant believe another year has been and gone! On the 19th December we went camping again down at Brunswick Heads. We woke early as we were so excited to get down there. We had already packed most of our stuff into the trailer so it was just the little things to take up. On the way down we picked up our bar fridge we had won on ebay. The drive down there took about 2.5 hours.
It is so amazing and beautiful down there. We had a much better set up then last year. New tent (non mouldy lol), amazing chairs (mines a jumbo and reclines almost straight and has an inbuilt pillow so very easy to sleep in), massive tarp that covered half of our site, bar fridge, cupboard (zipped up with shelves) etc etc. It took half the day to set up but was worth it in the end. My goal for next year is to have a new tent. The one we have is great but its a bit small. We really need one with 3 rooms so we dont disturb the kids after they go to bed. Ill keep an eye on ebay.
We spent most of our days exploring the beaches, walking the streets of Byron, playing with the kids around the site and just relaxing in our chairs while the kids played (nicely sometimes). We bought Sam's bike which was a winner and he had fun riding around the track. Ollie was just happy to play with the tap water but I know it will be a different story next year when he is 2! He'll get into EVERYTHING!
Ray around that afternoon with his girlfriend Toni. She is really lovely. We spent a fair bit of time with them and one afternoon even went fishing on the point. It was so nice there and the kids had a ball playing in the gravel and helping dad 'catch some fish'.
On the 17th I went for a drive back up home to attend an interview with Griffith University at Logan, as a receptionist. I thought I did OK in the interview but was extremely nervous so unfortunately that got the better of me as I received a call the next day from the lady that interviewed me and my answers were too short. She told me they were offering it to another lady but if anything happened I would be next to be offered the job. I was heartbroken. Really put a dampen on the day....until she rang me back that after to tell me the lady couldn't get childcare organised in time so I was offered the job!!! I was OVER THE MOON! What a perfect way to get back into my career, with Griffith University! I was due to start in the first week of January. I was keen and ready to go.
On Christmas Eve we were in Byron hanging around and then we decided for El to go get a tattoo (half a sleeve). He went in and was in there for close to 4 hours! He got some newage tribal random pattern on his arm. Next thing I know I was laying down to get mine done! Im such a random sometimes. Lets just say O-M-G worst tattoo spot EVER. It was agony and I was literately shaking with pain, which isnt so good when you're getting a tattoo. I ended up having to stop and go vomit and poo in the toilet. I remember the artists friend came in and was just sitting theretalking to his mate and me and even offered me a beer! If only it was vodka... I ended up getting two big flowers on the side of my tummy area. Getting it on my ribs was so so bad. Even the guy said to me as he put the stencil on "do you know what you're in for?" but I still went ahead! Haha talk about living on the edge. El came and got me and we went back to the site. It was really sensative, especially when I bent over. Now for my next one....
We spent Christmas Day hanging out with Ray and his girlfriend and one of her youngest children and their mates.
Boxing day we started packaing up all our stuff and left on the Boxing Day night after BBQ (again) and drinks with Toni's older children who arrived. Lucky we did because it started raining heavy. We cant wait to go again this year, its all booked in and paid for.
Comments