I'm Pregnant!
Elliot and I had decided to take a "not trying not preventing" approch to making our bubba. We didnt want to put extra stress on us, escpecially with just moving up here, Ell's new job and doing renovations to the house.
It was all I thought about though! Every second of my life (well almost ever second) was thinking about what it would be like to be pregnant and how Elliot would react and setting up the nursery etc etc. It was doing my head in! I would often say to Ell how ready I was to be a Mum and how badly I wanted it. I think I was just getting impatient...
Well, it was our first month into it. I had been keeping track of my cycles and was up to day 36. For the past 6 days I had been getting period type pains in my tummy, like they were due any day. After 5 days I started to think this was weird because usually I would get the feeling and the next day AF would be here...
At work I was talking to Naomi on msn, as I do every day. She told me that she had had a dream about me being pregnant a few days before. I just laughed it off and thought there is no way I can be pregnant! I told her about the period type feelings I was having and she told me that she had the same feelings when pregnant with Kiara....this got me thinking...ALOT
I came home from work and was on the computer chatting with a friend. I had been thinking about taking a pregnancy test just for fun, to prove myself wrong that I wasn't pregnant. So with that thought I grabbed a sensative pregnancy test that I had laying in my babies goody bag (LOL obsessed alert) and took myself into the toilet.
I sat down and did my thing. I looked at the test and the first line came up. Dam I thought, Im not pregnant....I got huffed and put the cap back on and placed it on the top of the toilet, where its flat.
I walked away but then stopped and thought to myself, just have another peek....so I walked back to the stick, and what do you know, 2 LINES! OK, if I could have had a video recorder taping my reaction to these 2 little lines, you would be PISSING yourself laughing!
Just imagine me jumping, running, kicking, laughing, crying and screaming at the SAME TIME! If someone was looking into the window they would think a crazy lady lived there!
My first reaction was to call Naomi, as I was keeping TTC from Leah to give her a great big surprise. I rang Naomi and Kiara answered the phone - "put mummy on.....NOW" my heart was racing! Na got on the phone and said hi but all I could say was 'IM PREGNANT" LOL. She was very excited and happy for me but I think she knew....must be a sister thing.
I just couldn't believe I was pregnant and how fast I had gotten there! I was just in so much shock... I did another test and two lines again - YAY!
We spoke for another 15 mins and by then I had calmed down alot. I then rang Leah and told her the good news. She couldn't believe what I was saying either, but was very happy for me. I rang Mum and told her the good news. I also rang a few other people as I just couldn't help it.
The only person I hadn't told was Elliot! I was so so excited to tell him, you have no idea!
He had decided to stay back at work for drinks so the timing couldn't have been worse off! I was thinking of ways to tell him as I wanted it to be a big surprise.
I found a little box and blue tac'd the two tests ontop of eachother. I think put tissues ontop of it and closed it. I wrapped it up and put a little card on it.
It read:
Dear Elliot,
I just want you to know I love you very much and that you and our marriage mean the world to me. Here's just a little something to show all that!
Love forever,
Kathy
xxoo
Elliot had missed his train so was going to be even later. I was so anxious for him to get home, my heart was pounding! He finally arrived at 8.30pm. I had cooked dinner and it was on the table. He got changed and sat down. Before he could put the first bite into his mouth I said "I wanted you to come home sooner cause I bought you a little pressie"
He quickly ripped the wrapping open and as he got to the lid he said "what is it?" and the look on his face when he saw the two tests was PRICELESS! He said "what is it" LOL. I told him it was two positive pregnancy tests and that I was pregnant. He just couldn't believe it! He kept saying nah, no way, you cant be....but I am!
Here is a picture of Ell's present!
The rest of the night was pretty quiet. I could tell he was very shocked so I let him be. I'm sure he'll come around. I guess he just didnt think it would happen so quick.
But I know how I feel and I'm so very happy. I feel this is the right time in our lives and I'm looking forward to this pregnancy.
Here is a 5 week 1 day belly shot (its probably all fat though!)
Well the Mum-to-be is very tired now so until next time, ciao!


Comments
Congrats Kath on this exciting news. I can't wait to be part of this journey and meet your little bubba at the end!
Rest up and enjoy ALL the sleep you can get now.
Love ya heaps
Sis x 1
xxx
I'm sooo excited for you. Still can't get over it.
True what na said about getting the sleep now. We know how much you love your lie-ins.