Mrs Organised

5 weeks 3 days

Well aren't I super organised? No, just obsessed really

I went and had a blood test today. OUCHIE! Yep, I know you're probably thinking you wuss, wait till you're in labour! Well I don’t really want to think about that just yet...They took 5 full tubes of blood and the lady said my blood was flowing very nicely.

I have made an appointment to pick up results from the local GP on Wednesday and will also get a referral to see an Obstetrician.

I rang the Mater Mothers Private Hospital, where I want to have bubs, and they emailed me a patient registration form. I've already filled it out and will post off tomorrow.

I had been sent a list from The Mater of obstetricians that work at the Mater. I've had my eye on Dr Fiona Dalzell for quite some time now so I thought I'd like to have her as my OB. I rang and she was available for October. My first appointment with her is on Friday 29th February. They usually only first see you when you hit 10 weeks but they were booked out when I was 10 weeks so is seeing me when Ill be 8 weeks instead.

I really hope she is a nice Dr. and is gentle and understanding. This is my first experience with all of this so it’s a bit scary. I don’t really know how things works....but Ill get there.

Once I receive my results back I can book in for an ultrasound (which I already have the referral for) and they'll be able to tell me exactly how far along I am. I will bring the scans to my Ob appointment as well.

Today i felt like I was sneaking around a lot at work. I had to make two trips to the pathology and was going back and forth from the car making phone calls.

I just couldn't help myself and told my friend Kylie at work that I was pregnant. She was over the moon and so happy that she was going to go through her first pregnancy with someone. She is about 7 weeks though and is suffering from morning sickness. I will properly tell work when I hit 3 months...which I'm sure will come by very quickly.

I had been given a number of a lady who does hypnobirthing type classes from a girl on the forum. I rang her when I got home and she only lives in Bethania, which is about 10 mins away. She teaches hypnobirthing type classes but midwifery classes. She said hypnobirthing is very American and the way she teaches is more to suit the Australian way. I'd be really interested in going I think. Because this is my first pregnancy I might freak out at the pain or really spin out. I want to be in control and minimise the pain.

The only thing is she said you must bring a partner, who will be your support partner at the birth. Hmmmm for some reason I really can’t imagine Elliot at this sort of class. But who knows, he has been fantastic lately and might want to be apart of this. I just feel I am the one who is going to have to deliver a baby so I should be the one who decides how I go about it. It goes for 4-5 weeks and is 1 lesson per week. They go for 2 1/2 hrs each and is on the weekends. Cost is $450 but you can pay by installments. Some ladies swear by hypnobirthing. I'd really like to give it a go though...

Well Elliot is now in Inverell and I'm feeling quite weird knowing that he wont be home for the next couple of days. Its sad not having him here...especially cause if the situation we’re in now. He has been so great and caring. This morning I slipped over on the bridge outside my front door and told Ell what had happened. He said to me "you didn’t hurt the baby did you?" Nawh how sweet...

Also the other day (Saturday) I was heading off to Naomi's and went outside to say bye to Ell. He was filling up a watering can with weed killer and I said “bye I’m off” and he said "watch out its poisonous!" and I said "well watch out for my baby" and he said "our baby" LOL....And then as I was walking away he said "Hey Kath, I am happy you know". My heart just melted.

I really hope he gets into my pregnancy - that would make me so happy!

Well I'm feeling fine ATM. A little tired but I think that’s because of the late nights I've been having. My boobies are filling out a bit more and so is my tummy (but like I said, its probably just fat). I just hope I don’t get too bad morning sickness...otherwise I may have to tell work earlier!

Well that’s all for now! I'm off to watch "So you think you can dance!"...Ops another long blog!

Bye bye

xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone