All things baby

28 weeks 4 days

Last night Elliot and I went to our first "birthing" class but this class was more to do with physio. When we first got there a few pregnant chickies arrived and they had big bellies on them. I started worrying that maybe they booked me into the wrong class or the wrong date cause it looked like these girls should be learning how to push out their bubbas. When we got in the teacher asked us to say a little about ourselves and how far along we were. I was shocked to see that the girls were only about 27 weeks! One lady didnt even look pregnant and she was 28 weeks. Just goes to show how different woman carry.

We learnt all about posture and looking after our backs, and how to do pelvic floor muscles. We also spoke about complications that may happen with our body during pregnancy and how to ease discomfort. It was quite good actually but Im looking forward to our weekend workshop at the end of August. This will be to do with getting through labour, the birth, bringing baby home etc.

Ell seemed to enjoy himself except about half way through I looked at him and his eyes were half closed! Poor thing, not LOL. At the end of the class we did a relaxtion exercise on some mats and pillows on the floor.

Today I met with Dr. Fiona Dalzell. Ell was suppose to come but we were running late due to traffic so he went straight into work. Next time I guess. But it was my fault for not getting him up earlier.

I cant believe it was a month ago that I met with Fiona! Time sure is flying by. She told me the results of my GD test. Perfect! No diabetes and everything is looking great. My iron levels are excellent, and I told her it was because I am still taking my elevit multi-vitamin tablets. Im going to keep taking them even until bubs is born. They are great for lacatation and breast feeding.

Unfortunately she had to give me an anti D needle because Im negative and Ell is positive blood. I need to have another one at 34 weeks. If bubs is positive blood (which they will know when he is born) they have to give me another needle.

She took my weight and Im now 78kg. Gawd, thats a 3kg weight gain, which isnt bad I dont think for 28 1/2 weeks. Its scary being near the 80kg mark. But I have to remember Im tall! hehe thats comforting.

She put me on the ultrasound machine and his heart was beating away. His head is to my right up the top so he hasnt turned yet. I wonder when they turn upside down...Its so amazing to see him, and the fact that Elliot and I created this little human who is going to change our lives for the better. I'm really excited to be a Mum. I hope Im a good one!

I was late for work and didnt get in till 9.30am. Oh well, tuff titties! LOL

I'm very excited about this weekend. Getting my hair done on Saturday and then this lovely (as long as Ell doesnt get drunk!) dinner!

Anyways Im off to bed. My arm is killing me where I was jabbed and Ive scrubbed the shower done and think ive over done it a bit!

Night, love you bubs! xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone