Still here...

40 weeks 3 days

Well I'm still here, waiting patiently to meet my little man!

On Tuesday I had my 40 week check-up at the hospital. Elliot actually managed to leave work early (although he did go back in when we got back) and come with me. Samuel was at care.

When we were called in we went into the room and they took my stats. They weighed me (ewwh) and it seems I've put on about 16kg, which isn't TOO bad! I then hopped up on the table and they listened to bubs heartbeat and had a good feel of my tummy. I think they said he is still 3/5th engaged which is good anyways for a second baby as they usually fully engage at the last minute.

I then agreed to a stretch and sweep of the cervix to get things moving. They pulled the curtain closed and she then proceeded with it. All I can say is OUCH!!!! It seemed she was reaching to the moon and back! But in the end she couldn't even feel my cervix as it was too high up. I was actually half screaming out in pain!

We then sat down and went through some natural ways to bring on labour. We also spoke about induction. If bubs has not come by Wednesday, I will be induced on the Thursday as they induce you at 40 weeks 10 days over. They will first apply some gel and will give me some time to start labouring on my own. If, after a certain time (6 hrs i think) nothing is happening they might try some more gel but if still nothing then they will put me on the drip. Now this is what scares me the most about being induced. I have heard stories where they have gone onto the drip and contractions have started hard and fast. I really want to ease my way into them! So I have a drs appointment on Monday to discuss it all but I'm praying like mad that he comes before Thursday.

So that night I bravely decided to try castor oil again. We also ate Indian (my dish being spicey) and even had sex! Sex is so funny when you're 40 weeks pregnant. I couldn't take it seriously haha you know, feeling like a whale and all! But after ALL that, still nothing! Not even tightenings this time!

And yesterday I spontaneously decided to give acupuncture a go. Lets just say its a very weird thing! Not just the little needles that are put in you but the way the guy was explaining things like chai and energy in our bodies etc and how he wants me to eat all warm food and drink and eat 8 dates before bed LOL He was very Buddha driven I think!

So he placed some near my ankles, some on my big toes, some underneath my feet, some on my hands and some on my shoulder blades. He took my pulses and was doing weird drawings on some paper with circles and arrows everywhere! After wards he also left a few small needles in my legs and shoulders which are cover by tape. You cant even see them but the ones on my shoulders are a little tender. He said to leave them in until I give birth or a maximum of 10 days. He said if anything is going to happen, it will happen within 24 hrs. I'm not getting my hopes up.

So that's the latest from me. Elliot is extremely keen to get him out and every time I call him the first thing he says is "are you in labour"? grrrr you'd know if I was! He even tried to "talk" the baby out of me last night. Bubs then gave him some kicks, probably to say shut up, I'm sleeping!

Hopefully you don't hear from me again for awhile, but even I'm doubting that :(

Here' s me last night, fat and OVER IT! (Trust Elliot to not give me enough warning to SMILE)



And here's a few pics of Sammy:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone