Welcome to the world Oliver James!
My little man is finally here! And he was SO worth the wait let me tell you!




I haven't written up my birth story yet but will be doing it over the next couple of days so stay tuned. It will be a short one though! In the end he was in a hurry to enter the world.
So we are home from hospital now. I had the BEST experience at Redland Hospital. Probably even better then the Mater. The only downside was I could only stay 2 days. I would so have stayed longer if I could of but they were tight on rooms.
Oliver is going great. He is a very settled bub and only cries when he wants a cuddle or to be fed. I feel very different this time round. I feel more confident and happy LOL I was a bit overwhelmed by it all with Samuel and never really sat back and enjoyed him in the early days.
My milk came in on day 2 and I think expressing prebirth was a big factor in this. He got lots of colostrum so I have a feeling he wouldn't have lost 10% of his birth weight. I am weighing him tomorrow.
Samuel has taken to him quite well. The few times he saw me and Oliver in hospital he was very observant from afar and didn't seemed too phased by him. But today (day after getting home from hospital) he was very touchy touchy with him. I really will have to keep my eye on him until the novelty wears off as already today he squeezed his legs hard, almost threw a car on him and placed a piece of paper on his head!
I do need to make this short and sweet as I am sure Oliver will be waking soon for a feed and I need to feed myself before then!
I will leave you with a few pics of my lil man. Stayed tuned for the birth story:
In hospy monitoring bubs heartbeat before gels inserted

Dad's first hold

Cuddles with Mum

Samuel giving kisses

Samuels first hold


Comments