Yawn!
38 weeks 4 days
Well its 5.12am and I just cant not get comfy! I am dead tired but whenever I lay down I just feel so uncomfortable :(
I went to bed at 11pm and Samuel woke at 2am. A bottle didn't help settle him and he just looked too wide awake for that time of the morning. I changed his nappy and made some weatbix as even I was hungry. He ate some of that, had some panadol as his fingers were in his mouth, and then another bottle. He finally fell back asleep but since then I haven't been able to. Ive still got another 1.5 weeks of feeling like this :(
No idea why his sleeps are so random. Up until a few days ago he was sleeping through again without a peep and then he pulls this crap. God help me when I'm dealing with him and a newborn.
Well I had my 38 week checkup on Tuesday. Everything perfect as always. The midwife had a good feel and he's 3/5th engaged. She said when I come back in at 40 weeks she can do an internal to get things going but I think I'm just going to take the castor oil.
On Tuesday 15th Samuel will be at daycare all day so I'm going to sleep til as late as possible, then go to my 40 week checkup, then come home and get Samuel, then drink that horrible castor oil! But hey, if it works like last time then I'm all for it.
Yesterday I had a private Lactation Consultant visit me. Her name is Linda Wilson and she was fantastic. I really feel so much more confident in going into breastfeeding this time around. I also think because Ive read up on it much more and am more information has helped a lot.
On the weekend Elliot went and picked up a deep freezer from a girl on maternal (bought it for $190). He also picked up a large freestanding wardrobe from super amart. We have set them up in the computer room (LOL as you do). I was so excited about finally having a large freezer I went shopping the next day with Sammy and bought up big! I bought stuff for about 10 different meals and went to super butcher in yatala and bought bulk of meat. Started cooking when I got home but its very tiring. Im doing a few meals a day. By the time bubs comes it will be nice and full and I wont have to worry about cooking in the first few weeks.
Im still continuing to express colostrum (even though I have heaps already) as its just an automatic thing to do now. Dont know when Ill use it though!
Anyways Im going to go and try and get a little sleep before I start the day with Samuel. I have a feeling its going to be a LOOOOONG day
xx
Comments