A OK!
5 weeks 5 days
I finally got my blood test back - and yes, I am pregnant!
Although I knew I was, it was a great relief to hear it from the doctor! So now I am extra excited. Everything else came back fine and it seems I am in great health! The amount of pregnancy hormones in my blood is 12,000. When I look this up on a table, it says I am between 6-7 weeks! Its so confusing getting told different times. But once I have my first ultrasound I should be about 7-8 weeks so they’ll be able to give me an exact age of the baby!
The only thing that I need to be concerned about is my O Negative blood. I already knew this from a blood test I got done a year ago. As Elliot is A Positive our blood groups will clash, and if bubs is born with positive blood then it will need the anti D needle. I will need to have one at 28 and 34 weeks I think!
As soon as I got out of the drs. I rang Ell and told him good news. He was happy and sounded a little relieved. I don’t think it seems too real to him but I know it will once he comes along to a scan with me and see and hears the bubs heart beat.
I’ve stopped drinking my morning coffee and have quit all alcohol. The Dr. advised its best not to have any alcohol at all during the pregnancy so this is what I will do! Not worth it to me.
I just can’t wait till I start showing! Then it will seem more real…When Ell has his 2 weeks off from uni we’re going to start looking at things and see what we like. We may even put some things on layby. I really want to buy a chest of drawers soon so I can start unpacking all the clothes Naomi gave me…I really hope it’s a boy or my girl will learn to love blue! LOL
Elliot has been so great lately! Really caring for me and bubs…its amazing how just little things he says means the world to me and makes me smile! This morning he emailed me from Inverell and said “I miss you two already (you and Kohan)”
How sweet....ciao
I finally got my blood test back - and yes, I am pregnant!
Although I knew I was, it was a great relief to hear it from the doctor! So now I am extra excited. Everything else came back fine and it seems I am in great health! The amount of pregnancy hormones in my blood is 12,000. When I look this up on a table, it says I am between 6-7 weeks! Its so confusing getting told different times. But once I have my first ultrasound I should be about 7-8 weeks so they’ll be able to give me an exact age of the baby!
The only thing that I need to be concerned about is my O Negative blood. I already knew this from a blood test I got done a year ago. As Elliot is A Positive our blood groups will clash, and if bubs is born with positive blood then it will need the anti D needle. I will need to have one at 28 and 34 weeks I think!
As soon as I got out of the drs. I rang Ell and told him good news. He was happy and sounded a little relieved. I don’t think it seems too real to him but I know it will once he comes along to a scan with me and see and hears the bubs heart beat.
I’ve stopped drinking my morning coffee and have quit all alcohol. The Dr. advised its best not to have any alcohol at all during the pregnancy so this is what I will do! Not worth it to me.
I just can’t wait till I start showing! Then it will seem more real…When Ell has his 2 weeks off from uni we’re going to start looking at things and see what we like. We may even put some things on layby. I really want to buy a chest of drawers soon so I can start unpacking all the clothes Naomi gave me…I really hope it’s a boy or my girl will learn to love blue! LOL
Elliot has been so great lately! Really caring for me and bubs…its amazing how just little things he says means the world to me and makes me smile! This morning he emailed me from Inverell and said “I miss you two already (you and Kohan)”
How sweet....ciao
Comments
xxx