Some exciting news to share - Bubba # 2

Well I am so excited to announce that I am pregnant with bubba number 2! Call me crazy but there will just under 2 years age gap between the two! But I'm sure we will survive and be OK. Other people do it so so can I :)

We had been trying for 2 months, although last month was only a half hearted effort. This month I stepped it up a notch and got myself some OPK's and preseed (lovely!) and I guess it worked a treat! Yesterday I used a cheap HPT and two lines came up, but according to their instructions if the test line was lighter then the control line its a negative! But after some reassurance from friends (i posted under a secret name) they all said I was pregnant, especially after look at my temping chart (which i have been doing for 2 months now).

So yesterday I went and bought a First Response test and tested this morning and voila. Two strong lines! Im feeling pretty guilty thought because my response certainly wasnt the same as seeing my first positive with Samuel. I feel sort of numb, a bit blank! That is so mean of me :( It seriously just doesn't seem real at the moment...happened so fast!

I also feel terribly guilty as I indulged in just a little too much alcohol on NYE. I tested the day before using First Response and got a negative so thought I definitely mustn't be pregnant so I let loose. I did the same with Sammy, not knowing I was preggers with him and drunk a fair bit over the xmas/NYE period. But he turned out fine so I guess its all OK. Its a little sad to think I wont be touching alcohol for a very long time but Im so excited to think about getting a big belly and feeling those little kicks and hiccups in the middle of the night. We'll leave dealing with a toddler and newborn til later on thanks very much!

Samuel is having a nap at the moment but after he wakes up we're heading off to the pathology to get me a blood test to confirm it all, not that i think im not preggers! Ive also booked myself in for an ultrasound on Thursday, hopefully to see beanies little heart beating. God this sounds so surreal! Ill then look into booking into a hospital. No Mater Mothers this time :( as we canceled our PHI a year ago as we weren't getting anything out of it. But I have heard the Royal Brisbane Womans Hospital is good and they have a birth centre which Im all for using!

I haven't told Elliot yet, am planning to do that tonight. Im going to have Samuel in his "Im going to be a big brother" shirt and give him the positive test to hold. Then Ill pull out the video camera and tap him. When El gets home Ill say Samuel was doing the cutest thing today, and play it for him! Haha he isnt going to believe it.

Then Im going to email a picture of Samuel wearing his shirt and holding the stick and email it to: Naomi, Leah, Aunty Yvonne, Dad, Mum and maybe send a card to Nan and Ian. For the rest of the world Im going to hold off a bit longer (if i can) to hopefully 12 weeks.

Now lets all pray hardcore that I DO NOT get horrible morning sickness like I did with Sammy. I could not think of anything worse then trying to entertain a toddler whilst holding in vomit! I'm also going to try real hard to eat well this time or Im going to get fat! And its also good for the baby to eat healthy and fresh (I say that now - no cheeseburgers thanks).

Well I gotta run. Sammy will be waking up shortly and we need to eat and go to drs.

*CHEERS* Here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sammy is 2 months!

Mr Timmy came for a visit

Merry Christmas Everyone