Welcome 2010
It's the start of a New Year and I hope that this one is a good one! Not that last year was bad or anything, I just hope this year is a good one.
Christmas and New Year was pretty low key, but that's how it's always been. We're all too old to go out and party hard LOL
Christmas day we got up and sat in the loungeroom while Samuel opened a few of his presents and El gave me mine. I felt slack as I didn't get El anything. I get slacker as the years go by! Elliot got me some facial cream and a pedegg type thing (but a cheaper brand) for my lovely feet NOT. They are so dry and cracked so hopefully it will help.
Samuel opened his presents which was two Little Peple sets. One was an aeroplane and the other was a school bus. He likes them but give him a $2 plastic lid and he'd be more happy to play with that. Always the way....
Adam was with us as he had been staying with us. I totally forgot to get him something so he would feel included. Sorry Adam! At around 1pm Elliot made us all get up (as the day wasn't feeling very Christmasy) and head down to the beach. I'm glad he did as it was really nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air. Needless to say Samuel wasn't a huge fan of the beach (takes after his Aunty Leah) and detested the water. He would even lift and shake his foot once it touched the sand! Oh and he cried when the water splashed up on him so we spent the day under some umbrellas while Adam and Elliot swum. Should make more of an effort to go down there, as we're only 25 mins away.
Afterwards we walked around Surfers Paradise but made the mistake of eating at a cafe (cant remember the name) and we waited over 40 minutes for our food. By the time it came out we were so hungry and scoffed it down. The garlic bread we ordered was $9 for 3 pieces! Will never go there again!
Boxing Day came around and in the morning we headed off to Leah's (after Elliot tried to fix some flooding that was going on at ours). Naomi and Adrian was there and all the kids. Leah had prepared gorgeous food as always (ham, lamb, salads galore, pasta bake) so it nice to sit down and eat. Elliot drunk too much and was being stupid (he took the door off the toilet and put it in Jack's room). We sat around the loungeroom and gave out presents. From memory Samuel got: puzzles, a big clam thingy which you can put water and sand in), a sandset, and $70 from Mum and Nanna. And that's about it! Doesn't sound like much hey! . I had to work so we left at about 5pm. I didn't drink as I knew I had to work.
So all in all it was a good Christmas but this year we will be having it at our place as I'm sure the front will be done by then....well I hope so anyways!
Some other good news is that Elliot got a new job! He starts on the 20th January and will be employed as Financial Controller! He is still trying to get his head around it as its going to mean more money, so very close to home (about 5 mins) and a huge step up in his career. Six figures here we come!
Til next time
Christmas and New Year was pretty low key, but that's how it's always been. We're all too old to go out and party hard LOL
Christmas day we got up and sat in the loungeroom while Samuel opened a few of his presents and El gave me mine. I felt slack as I didn't get El anything. I get slacker as the years go by! Elliot got me some facial cream and a pedegg type thing (but a cheaper brand) for my lovely feet NOT. They are so dry and cracked so hopefully it will help.
Samuel opened his presents which was two Little Peple sets. One was an aeroplane and the other was a school bus. He likes them but give him a $2 plastic lid and he'd be more happy to play with that. Always the way....
Adam was with us as he had been staying with us. I totally forgot to get him something so he would feel included. Sorry Adam! At around 1pm Elliot made us all get up (as the day wasn't feeling very Christmasy) and head down to the beach. I'm glad he did as it was really nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air. Needless to say Samuel wasn't a huge fan of the beach (takes after his Aunty Leah) and detested the water. He would even lift and shake his foot once it touched the sand! Oh and he cried when the water splashed up on him so we spent the day under some umbrellas while Adam and Elliot swum. Should make more of an effort to go down there, as we're only 25 mins away.
Afterwards we walked around Surfers Paradise but made the mistake of eating at a cafe (cant remember the name) and we waited over 40 minutes for our food. By the time it came out we were so hungry and scoffed it down. The garlic bread we ordered was $9 for 3 pieces! Will never go there again!
Boxing Day came around and in the morning we headed off to Leah's (after Elliot tried to fix some flooding that was going on at ours). Naomi and Adrian was there and all the kids. Leah had prepared gorgeous food as always (ham, lamb, salads galore, pasta bake) so it nice to sit down and eat. Elliot drunk too much and was being stupid (he took the door off the toilet and put it in Jack's room). We sat around the loungeroom and gave out presents. From memory Samuel got: puzzles, a big clam thingy which you can put water and sand in), a sandset, and $70 from Mum and Nanna. And that's about it! Doesn't sound like much hey! . I had to work so we left at about 5pm. I didn't drink as I knew I had to work.
So all in all it was a good Christmas but this year we will be having it at our place as I'm sure the front will be done by then....well I hope so anyways!
Some other good news is that Elliot got a new job! He starts on the 20th January and will be employed as Financial Controller! He is still trying to get his head around it as its going to mean more money, so very close to home (about 5 mins) and a huge step up in his career. Six figures here we come!
Til next time
Comments